Nowadays, companies do not want employees with drug use and abuse. Many workers use illegal drugs that impact their working conditions. It also leads to corporate risks and fraud. Drug use has numerous effects on the health of employees. Also, it affects the morale and productivity of the employees. It can make additional costs in terms of health care. So, employers need to follow employee drug testing for a better hiring process. Drug testing determines which employee takes one or more substances. This test checks the presence of drugs like marijuana, heroin, morphine, methamphetamine, cocaine, steroids, etc.
A negative result indicates no drugs were present in your body. A positive outcome means one or more drugs were found in your body. Different drug tests are available for employees, like oral, urine, blood, hair, and sweat tests. Many employers prefer mouth swab drug tests for employee drug testing. In this article, you can check details for oral mouth swab drug test for employees:
About Mouth Swab Drug Test For Employees
A mouth swab drug test catches traces of drugs in someone’s saliva. Employers conduct this employee drug testing to test for multiple drugs like alcohol, amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine, opioids, phencyclidine, etc. This drug test is best to prevent employees from using and abusing drugs. Also, employers can avoid hiring people with drug abuse through this test. Drugs appear in the oral cavity when people use them. So, the saliva drug test is best to check the recent use of substances in employees. Employee drug testing is crucial for the candidates before being hired by a company. It prevents employers from hiring people who use drugs. Also, employees have to undergo a saliva drug test if drug abuse signs and symptoms are detected.
Also, employees have to undergo a saliva drug test post-accident. Employers may conduct a test on randomly selected employees. Companies can use saliva drug test kits to check their employees for drug testing. These kits are easy to use, and anyone can conduct this test on-site, like in the office. The saliva drug test kit has a swab stick with a sponge to swab the inside of the cheek or under the tongue. If you are thinking about how much a mouth swab drug test costs, you are at the right place. You can buy 12 Panel saliva drug test kit for $12.00.
Benefits Of Mouth Swab Drug Test For Employees
Below, you can check multiple benefits of a saliva drug test for employees:
- It is not possible for employees to fake a mouth swab drug test. An administrator sees the donor while taking the sample. So, there is no way for a donor to fool the test.
- Many companies can afford saliva drug tests for their employees. It is not expensive as the urine drug test. Saliva drug test kits are available at affordable prices online.
- Mouth swab drug tests provide 99% accuracy for drug testing for employees. An administrator should conduct a saliva drug test properly. Also, this test accurately tells the current use of drugs.
- The best thing about this test is that it shows results faster than a urine drug test. A saliva drug test kit gives results for employee drug testing in 5-7 minutes. If you send the specimen to the lab for analysis, it can take 1-3 days.
- A mouth swab drug test is perfect for detecting multiple drugs in saliva. It is best for the drug screening of amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine, opioids, phencyclidine, etc.
What Happens If An Employee Tests Positive For Saliva Drug Test?
Suspected employees are not permitted to come to work before the saliva drug test results arrive. They will stay on probation. If employees test positive for the drug test, they will be punished accordingly. A company terminates an employee if they have a zero-tolerance drug-free policy. This process should go as per federal and state laws.
Also, other companies order their employees to participate in rehabilitation programs. They will stay on break until the end of their EAP sessions. It permits the employee to get assessed and observed by a healthcare professional to confirm they comply with all recommendations.